The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

foxycart 0.7 includes not working today

in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2012
Just noticed the includes have stopped working on our site today.
The site uses jquery extensively so although usable looks a bit naff without it particularly on product pages (including the mini basket being broken). This is after a few days of having the submit X, Y values mysteriously start appearing and then disappearing on receipts. I am considering updating to the latest version soon, but there didn't seem to be an urgent need to do it and I have other things I'd intended to do first, but maybe it would solve this problem?
Tagged:
Comments
  • I've now updated all my includes on all pages (the jquery was 1.4.2 and is now 1.4.4 plus the other two includes are slightly updated) and it seems to be working fine - why they've suddenly stopped working I've no idea but seems to be OK now... just in case anyone else has the same issue

cheers
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting back. This can happen if you update your site to use any new jQuery plugins that are not compatible with 1.4.2.
  • Hi Luke, just to clarify, nothing had been changed regarding jquery, but the includes stopped being available.
    For example the previous includes used: http://cdn.foxycart.com/OURfoxySUBDOMAINNAMEHERE/foxycart.complete.js which became unavailable yesterday.
    The updated includes use: http://cdn.foxycart.com/OURfoxySUBDOMAINNAMEHERE/foxycart.complete.2.js
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello freshwaterwest. Is this for eyekit? That file seems to come up just fine for me.
  • Hi Luke, yes that's the one, both versions of includes seem to be working fine now but for no apparent reason the original one stopped working which broke lots of the site features - part of the error it showed in safari was "(NSURLErrorDomain error " when trying to load the complete.js version - maybe it was just temporary but I also noticed no new users or purchases on the site up to that point yesterday.
    - seemed to be the first thing to try.

cheers
    Phil
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @freshwaterwest, when you say it wasn't available, what was it returning? Nothing on our system has changed relating to how our CDN functions in quite a while, so what's most likely imo is that somehow the CDN had a bad cached copy of that file. Since the CDN we use (Edgecast) has dozens of POPs around the world, it also is most likely that this issue only would have impacted a subset of your customers (ie. only customers in CA or AZ, or only the midwest, or etc.), and not everybody.

My biggest question is: What _was_ it returning when you hit that foxycart.complete.js link? (I mean, if you hit that link in the browser, what did you see? Not necessarily the "NSURLErrorDomain error", which I think we'd need the number after the "error" text to know what error it might have been.)

The CDN is serving up an insane number of requests, so even if it's working 99.99% of the time, the 0.01% is still enough to be lame. But we haven't changed anything on our end so my hunch is that this might be something beyond our control. Either way, we want to make sure we do what we can to dig into it.
  • thanks for the reply Brett, and sorry I've not replied sooner. I guess it must just have been a temporary outage at some point (always seems worse at the time!). Unfortunately I didn't keep the error code but I remember it said something like unreadable format - anyway main thing is it's all working as normal now.

keep up the good work...