The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

temporarily disable account?

jayeseljayesel Member
in General edited February 2012
Is it possible to temporarily deactivate a FoxyCart account (saving all of the info/configuration) and then reactivate it later? My client has sign ups a couple of a times a year and would like to only have the cart functioning for a few months at a time, and then turn it off (saving the $19/month) when it's not being used. Is that possible?
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @jayesel -

This is absolutely possible. Simply cancel the account and this is the default behavior. When the account is canceled, it doesn't delete the account or its settings, it simply forces it back into test mode. You can then re-activate it at any time.

Hope this helps!

Lace
  • Great, thanks so much!!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    One quick but potentially important thing: I'd actually recommend changing the store's FoxyCart subdomain to make extra sure nobody places an order while your store is on a test gateway or something.

We've never recommended this before, but last week I saw this happen twice where orders were placed and nobody knew where the customers were coming from. If you change the store's subdomain in FoxyCart then even if they try to get to the checkout, it won't work.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    An interesting recommendation. I hadn't considered this before.
    Oh, @fc_adam brings up a thought... If you change the domain, somebody could conceivably steal your FoxyCart subdomain. Unlikely, but possible.

For one of the stores that had this issue last week what we did instead was actually replace the ^^checkout^^ placeholder on the checkout template (in FC) with a note explaining to call because they were on the wrong site.

That might be a better approach.
    Note for 7 years later: We added a "maintenance mode" setting a while back, so if anybody stumbles on this thread, you can set that and it prevents checkouts.