Cart price change at time of checkout - validation with price correction

anupambagchianupambagchi Member
in Help edited February 2012
We have a situation where the price of items in the cart can change depending on the user credentials. For example, logged-in users pay less than guest users. Consider the case where user added item 1 on cart as guest (with full price), then logged in, and then added item 2 in cart for which a discount was applied. Now at the time of checkout, we need to do a final validation and correct the price to ensure that discounts are applied uniformly to all the items in cart. I think one can use jQuery callbacks to do this, but I am not sure if my understanding is correct. Can one change the cart price at the time of checkout by resupplying the details of items that are already in cart?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hi Anupam,

I believe this is the same discussion that you included in your email to our helpdesk just now? I'll respond here as well as this may come up for someone else.

For that type of setup, where you need to validate a user and in turn validate their cart contents you can use the single sign on setup as documented here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/sso