Paypal website payments pro & 3D Secure

Hello,

I have recently been negotiating lower rates with paypal, and they mentioned that implementing 3D secure (or at least giving them a time-scale as to when we were likely to have 3D secure) would help with negotiating lower rates.

I have had a search around, cant seem to find an answer, so could you guys let me know if you have plans to implement 3d secure with PP WPP? and if so, do you have a rough time-scale?

Thanks very much,

Tom.

Ps. Keep up the good work!
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks Mut! Our gateway developer is taking a few days off, but we'll have him get back to you eventually. Bump this ticket if you don't hear from us by next week.
  • Ok, will do.
    Cheers Luke.
  • bump :)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @mut, thanks for posting.

We implemented 3-D Secure for PP WPP a while ago but we've noticed some improvements that should be made. Those should be finished up tomorrow. Meanwhile you can get a Centinel account as they're handling PP 3-D Secure requests.

You will be provided with 3 values:
    - MPI Merchant ID
    - MPI Transaction Password
    - MPI Processor ID

We don't yet have anyone using this feature of PayPal so if you run into any troubles or if Cardinal says you need to go through a certification process, please let us know and we'll help out with that as best we can.
  • Hey Luke,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I am being thick, but I figured that 3D secure support would come from paypal? I don't understand how a Cardinal Centinel handles the 3d secure.

I am probably missing some basic facts about the whole 3d secure business, I don't suppose you guys have any links that could explain how this works better (my google searches are so far fruitless!)

Thanks,

Tom.
  • scratch that, It seems I wasn't looking hard enough!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Most payment gateways do have 3DSecure support baked in, but PayPal outsources it all to Cardinal. It's a little confusing.
  • Yea, confused me at first.

Ok, got all of those details, but when I test it, I am getting the following error message:

Error: There was an error processing your payment: Error Processing Lookup Request Message, Invalid Merchant Id or Processor Id (1002, 2002)

Any idea?

Cheers,

Tom.
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hello @mut, can you tell us if your FoxyCart store is in test or live mode when you try to test it?
  • Hello Evg, The servers are in live mode
  • any ideas?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We're currently dialoging with someone from Cardinal Commerce on this issue and will get back to you as soon as we get more information from them. If you don't hear from us in a couple days, please ping this thread again.
  • Ok, Cheers!
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    @mut
    Hello Tom, you seem to use the wrong transaction password. Is it possible you use your account password, not your transaction password? Please make sure you use the correct one and let us know.
  • mutmut Member
    hmm,

Just tried it again. I am 100% sure that the transaction password is correct. Definatley not using the account password.

Thanks,
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2012
    @mut, we seem to have found out the reason. We'll push the fix live soon. We'll let you know and you'll be able to test again. Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for being a tester.
  • mutmut Member
    No worries,

Let me know!

Cheers,

Tom.
  • mutmut Member
    any updates?
  • evgevg FoxyCart Team
    Hi Tom,

We seem to have fixed the issue. We're testing the patch hard. It will be pushed live this night probably. Thank you for your patience.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @mut. We just pushed this code live. Can you please give it another try and let us know how it goes?
  • mutmut Member
    Like a charm :)

Cheers!