The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Specialized Emails hooked to certian Products Ordered

grantmxgrantmx Member
in Help edited September 2008
We have multiple PayPer View events that we sell and I want to send the customer a customized email based on which PPV event they ordered. That custom email must have the PPV url where they can launch the PPV event that was purchased. I know this metod isnt 100% accurate as one could forward the email to their friends, but its the best way for us to do it now.

Is there anyway to do this?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Sounds pretty fun!
    You could do this inside of FoxyCart by making each product a new category, and setting a category specific email for each product, but that might get a little awkward long term, especially if you have a lot going on at once.

The alternative would be to roll your own custom email generation script. Luckily there's one you could pretty easily modify at our integration section:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration

Does that help?
  • That makes perfect sense. Thanks Brett. Considering we dont have too many PPVs it shouldnt be a problem. Is there anyway to make the customer email in the category send from a different email other then the admin email?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    That's an interesting question. No, not currently, but if you need that you could modify the custom receipt script. I don't see us adding that functionality at this point, but if a lot of people ask for it we'll think about it.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want that? Variants of the same email? Variants of a no-reply? Emails that are only active for a certain period of time? Just wondering.