Specialized Emails hooked to certian Products Ordered

grantmxgrantmx Member
in Help edited September 2008
We have multiple PayPer View events that we sell and I want to send the customer a customized email based on which PPV event they ordered. That custom email must have the PPV url where they can launch the PPV event that was purchased. I know this metod isnt 100% accurate as one could forward the email to their friends, but its the best way for us to do it now.

Is there anyway to do this?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Sounds pretty fun!
    You could do this inside of FoxyCart by making each product a new category, and setting a category specific email for each product, but that might get a little awkward long term, especially if you have a lot going on at once.

The alternative would be to roll your own custom email generation script. Luckily there's one you could pretty easily modify at our integration section:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration

Does that help?
  • That makes perfect sense. Thanks Brett. Considering we dont have too many PPVs it shouldnt be a problem. Is there anyway to make the customer email in the category send from a different email other then the admin email?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    That's an interesting question. No, not currently, but if you need that you could modify the custom receipt script. I don't see us adding that functionality at this point, but if a lot of people ask for it we'll think about it.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want that? Variants of the same email? Variants of a no-reply? Emails that are only active for a certain period of time? Just wondering.