Would be nice to sign up except ...

derkpderkp Member
in General edited September 2008
...for the lack of international payment processors. I've already voted on the wiki, but seems to me that a cart that serves so few countries is limited. (I am in Ireland). From a business point of view I can understand your focus on big markets - US, UK etc but your current payment processors leave *many*, *many* smaller countries on the shelf. A lot of small markets = one big market! Best of luck.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting derkp. We're working REALLY hard (sleep when you die?) to get our next version out the door which is a complete restructuring from the ground up. What started years ago as a procedural approach is now (when we release 0.4.0) an object oriented system which will allow us to integrate a lot of payment gateways in a very consistent manner. Our plan is to get this version out the door and then hit the ground running with other payment gateways. To be honest, a lot of the payment modules we support are there because our customers simply didn't want to use anything else but FoxyCart so they paid us a bounty to get their favorite system implemented. If that sounds like something you'd be interested, please feel free to use the contact form and let us know.

Thanks again for posting. We're all about the little guys, there's just so many hours in the day. We'll get there. :)
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    What would you like to see added for Ireland? You know us Americans are super fond of all things Irish, so we definitely want to provide support as we're able.
  • Just (!) a payment-processor that supports Ireland, or other countries outside of the US, UK, Australia, Canada axis which you seem to cover quite well. Currently we use PayPal business (not pro) via e-junkie and fast spring. As a very young, but aspiring, company, a merchant a/c is unlikely right now. Thanks for the comments guys, always a good sign about a company.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Does PayPoint work in Ireland? (http://www.paypoint.ie/) We'll be adding that (UK, at least) as soon as we can get a dev account (seriously, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a test account with some of these companies), and those prices seem quite reasonable. Not sure at this point whether their Irish gateway is the same as their UK gateway, but let me know if that might be an option for you.
  • Interesting, I didn't realize PayPoint.ie were online payment processors. Ppl over here use their agents to pay household bills etc. I think their operation is identical to paypoint.co.uk, whereas paypoint.net is their online payment processing arm. I'll have a look and see if they allow non-UK sign-ups. I'll watch this space. I honestly don't care whether the payment processors is based locally or not as 98% of our customers are outside of Ireland (US, UK, India, Australia, Canada). I just care that they allow international sign-ups. Thanks