Porting old subscription customers to foxycart?

MindSculptMindSculpt Member
in Help edited February 2012
As I make switch over to foxycart, I was curious if there's any way to integrate existing customers into the new system. Since payment info isn't stored, and foxycart won't know when existing customers are due up to get billed next, I'm wondering if it's even possible at all. Thoughts?
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I did this recently on a project and unfortunately there just wasn't an automated way. We imported all the customers along with their credit card information and then used a simple add to cart form with the UOE password (http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.2/unified_order_entry) to add a product for each subscriber. It's a pretty quick process, but is somewhat manual.
  • @sparkweb Interesting, however we don't have access or store customer billing information. Does it still make sense to use the UOE to set existing customers up with a foxycart id?
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Well if you don't have access to any payment information you wouldn't be able to import info anyway so probably not. You'll have to ask/incentivize your customers to do it themselves.
  • @sparkweb Right, I figured as much. That would be a difficult process so I'd probably just leave the legacy orders in place. Just wanted to double-check that I wasn't missing anything. Thanks for the heads-up on the UOE!