Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Transaction Search

akswhitakerakswhitaker Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2012
Our client is requesting the ability to search a date range of transactions and then export all transaction data in this date range. Currently, they are able to search a date range, but when the data is exported many records are duplicated or missing. Is there currently a method available to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Duplicated or missing? Can you clarify? If they are doing a csv export, the header and the details will be included together unless you check the box to not include the details. Also, there is pagination involved so if you're exporting more than the max (which I think is 300), you'll have to export it multiple batches. You can also obtain the data as XML via the API.

Does that help?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @akswhitaker,

If it's going to be a regular monthly export of the months transactions (especially if it is a significant amount of orders), I'd suggest setting up a script that communications with the API to automate it a bit (http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/api)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for clarifying in your whisper, @akswhitaker. I think that may relate to a bug in either 070 and/or 071 which we probably already fixed. Upgrading to 072 will probably help quite a bit as it should export the total number of transactions you see and you can look at up to 300 at a time. That being said, since you're wanting to export 1,000's of entries at a time, I'd agree with fc_adam that your best approach would be to build a custom reporting solution that meets all of your needs either by integrating with the API or by collecting data with each sale via the XML Datafeed.

FoxyCart has always been about providing developers direct access to their data. The admin tools were added somewhat as an afterthought (and it shows). We're realizing more and more from a practical standpoint that we need better tools not just for the developers, but also for the merchants. We're rebuilding our API and our www site right now which will then lead to a rebuild of the admin. We'll also involve our UX expert in that process to ensure the new admin really rocks.

Any way, that's a glimpse into where we're going. We can't give you timelines at the moment because we'd hate for you to set an incorrect expectation if we missed a deadline (or forced out a change that wasn't ready).

I hope that's helpful.