Downloadable Products DeCompression

brickstudiosbrickstudios Member
in Help edited March 2012
We've set up a downloadable product by ZIPing two files together on a Mac. The check out process and download works great, but when we try to decompress we get another file that has the extension .zip.cpgz. Double-clicking that file creates a .ZIP file and the process becomes infinite loop of "decompression". Any thoughts? Again, we're simply Archive the files on a Mac then uploading them to Foxy.

I can post a sample link if it would help.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @brickstudios,

So when you try to decompress the file locally on the file you uploaded (not the one you downloaded) you don't get that happening?

A link would be very helpful, including what store this is for - feel free to whisper it if it's private.
  • That's correct - the file I've compressed locally decompresses with no problems. Once it's uploaded, then downloaded through FoxyCart it goes into it's loop.
  • Here's a dev link: http://www.hititlonger.com/pro_shop/dev/

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @brickstudios - thanks, we'll take a look
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    It appears that the way we send the download results in a different file when downloaded. We're looking into this further.
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    @brickstudios: correction, it appears that the downloadable in the example above is the MPEG-4 movie you uploaded, not the zip file. I'm going to look at your store settings to see why that is.
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Hmm, it looks like we were still trying to send the video file you had uploaded before. I just changed the downloadable's internal setting and it's now working for me. Can you please test and confirm?
  • It works! So, what happen? What did you change?

Regardless, thank you for your support.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I think there was an issue with the file originally being uploaded as one type and then being changed later to a different type. We've created a ticket on our side to investigate this further. If something similar happens, I'd recommend deleting the downloadable and starting over.