The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Customizing Colorbox in Foxycart 0.7.2?

GeoffreyGeoffrey Member
in Help edited March 2012
I've seen a couple other threads here discussing the question of how to customize the foxycart colorbox parameters, but they seem to relate to earlier versions of Foxycart. I am using version 0.7.2, and it's not immediately clear to me how I would go about editing or altering the CDN hosted foxycart.colorbox.js file. What I want to do is pretty simple, just change the height and width of the modal window, change the overlay opacity, etc. Super easy stuff to accomplish when I've used colorbox in the past on my own server. How can I make these changes to the CDN version?

BTW, I'm using the Foxy-Shop plugin for Wordpress, which apparently auto-loads the script paths for these CDN files in the head. Hopefully I don't need to hack this to load a different script or something. Any advice would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Geoffrey
Tagged:
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    Geoffrey,

There is some good information on customizing the Colorbox, including size, in the 0.7.2 wiki entry here:

http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.2/cart#customizing_the_default_cart_s_colorbox

Most things can be modified using CSS or JS. You shouldn't need to make any changes to the actual script files.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lance
  • Thanks, Lance. This will work.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @Geoffrey, if you did need to keep the autoloading CDN files from going into the head, you can just put a * in the "Skip FoxyCart Includes on These Pages" box on the FoxyShop settings page. But it's nice to keep the auto ones in there because the API will keep them up to date for you in case FoxyCart updates the file versions (which happens from time to time).

Let me know if you have more questions...
  • Thanks David. I had overlooked that feature. I'll keep that in mind if I ever actually need to do that for some reason.