Unable to Input International Address

DIGIEFFECTSDIGIEFFECTS Member
in Help edited March 2012
Our company store is www.digieffects.com. We are unable to process any international purchases as the FoxyCart checkout page (billing address section) will not allow someone to continue without putting in a State/Province.

Even though the country at the top is changed to Austria, it still requires you to input a State/Province. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Brandon
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We've talking about this a lot lately, actually. I'll have @fc_adam respond with some JavaScript you can add to the checkout to default that field to something like "N/A" when a country is selected that doesn't have states or provinces. Sorry for the confusion.

Adam is working on a new auto completer for states and countries that we're hoping will address this issue in a more elegant manner.
  • Ok great! Thank you for the quick response!

Thanks,
    Brandon
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @DIGIEFFECTS,

I'm actually just heading out for the weekend - would it be ok for me to get back to you next week?
    @DIGIEFFECTS,

Could you try pasting this into your checkout template, right before the closing </head> tag: http://pastie.org/private/vyeo5x7yx2bzkpdg3hcpuq
  • Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late response, but it looks like that didn't do the trick. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    @DIGIEFFECTS,

I just hit your checkout, and entering 'United Kingdom' as the country automatically entered 'n/a' into the state field. Is that not what you're seeing?