Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

SPF / TXT (DKIM) Records at GoDaddy

pixelchutespixelchutes Member
in Help edited March 2012
So I've just now learned about the new Email DNS features in v0.7.2 and am trying to set everything up according to: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.2/emails#how_emails_are_sent_spf_dkim_etc (Updating DNS at GoDaddy)
In addition to SPF, you'll also need to add a quick TXT record to ensure the DKIM validation passes.

I'm wondering if I've done ^ this step ^ correctly? It says to "Replace the example.net with your domain." So, for my TXT (DKIM) record, I set the host to: smtpapi._domainkey.mydomain.com, but in the zone file it's becoming "smtpapi._domainkey" -- is that correct?

For the SPF record, I've set the host to "@" with the following value:
v=spf1 include:_spf.foxycart.com ~all

It may be too soon to tell, since FC Admin keeps saying that "smtpapi._domainkey.mydomain.com" TXT record does not exist, but while I'm waiting on DNS propagation I was hoping someone can confirm this behavior/setup appears correct?
Tagged:
Comments
  • Nevermind, it finally went through and worked a treat!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Glad you got it working @pixelchutes
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    For anyone else setting this up, there is a DNS delay once you configure it on your end. Our admin verifies the setting and if DNS hasn't propagated yet, it will fail to let you save that value in the admin. We do that for your protection because if you don't have that setting in place and we try to send your emails using that method, they will most likely be dropped as spam. I think we updated the help box to indicate a bit of a delay is expected, but if we need to make that more clear, please let us know.