The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Testing my first Foxycart site

Is there a way to test the site to make sure everything is working without charging to my credit card?
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    If the site is in test mode and you are using Authorize.net, you can use 4111111111111111 along with any expiration in the future. If you are using a different gateway you can look up the test numbers here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/start
  • RolfRolf Member
    Is it possible to test a website without a selected/active gateway yet? Like simulating payment was ok to test and optimize receipt, email(s) and see if downloads are working (in my case a fetchapp setup using the datafeed url).. ??
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Well no because FoxyCart has to charge something. But if you use the Authorize.net you can use the default credentials - it's really easy to do and there's no setup. Foxy has to do something with the card info.
  • RolfRolf Member
    @sparkweb, thanks! I overlooked that it was possible using Auth without even an account. Exactly what I needed to check receipt markup etc. I even got mail from Fetchapp so that works too.. (first test, that's nice).
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @Rolf -

Glad to hear that you've got things working in your tests. If you've got any other questions about testing or anything else, don't hesitate to post again.

Lance
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @Waterfrontgraphic -

Did you get testing up and running successfully?

Lance