The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Subscription Billing Not Accurate on Paypal?

jcjasonjcjason Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2012
I have a subscription model and billing that is supposed to be going through today looks great on the foxy cart side (the transaction receipt shows the correct item, shipping, tax, etc) but the Paypal funds that are transferred are not the same? The shipping and tax were not included in the total.

Any help here on how I can resolve this?

Jason
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Jason, if you can whisper a transaction # and your store name to @fc_adam, the FoxyCart guys can take a look at it. Did you do all the IPN setup as specified on http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/paypal/express_checkout ?
  • Hmm, silly question. How do I designate a recipient to whisper to? I tried checking whisper and entering @fc_adam to the field below and I get an alert "You must select at least one recipient".
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    You almost had it. You can leave off the @. Just put in "fc_adam" and that should do it.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for that information @jcjason, we'll dig in and see if anything turns up.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @jcjason, can you check that transaction ID you whispered? That's for an order that was non-recurring and $22.49, not either of the prices you mentioned above, so I'm thinking perhaps we're looking at the wrong place.
    We're continuing to look into this as a top priority. I can't report anything concrete yet, but we may have found an issue with why shipping is being excluded, but the tax portion we're still looking into. We'll continue to update as we make progress and get a fix out.
  • Brett, Adam, I just whispered more information to you guys. This problem continues to be an issue for me.

Jason
    @jcjason, I'm sorry we haven't kept you in the loop. We haven't forgotten about this though, and we'll update you as quickly as we're able. I know this is still an issue, and that's really lame. We went back and forth with PayPal for quite a while (and found what's either a bug in their system or a bug in their docs, as well as a _ridiculous_ confused support staff person) but we still haven't got it. We're definitely still working on it though.