The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

FoxyCart not available?

RolfRolf Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2012
I noticed this message:
Our website's e-commerce functionality is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. We expect this interruption to last from 2:00am -07:00 (PST) to 5:12am -07:00 (PST).

This is returned as html (from the loading of fc files through the cdn).
A few questions:
- is it listed somewhere when the service will be down?
- it is returned as html, but is it possible to get a return in json when fc is not available. or just some flag set to false so can take actions on your own side (hide add-to-cart stuff, or display a note to visitors etc.)
- I thought cdn services where online 24/7? or is this some major-cdn-wide-overhaul?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Rolf,

The downtime we experienced today was an unexpected downtime that we're still unsure of the exact cause, but it was an issue upstream at our hosting provider.

For future reference, you can always reference our current status from the following page: http://status.foxycart.com

We hit that page first when issues arise, and post updates to there as well.

I'm not exactly sure of the specific answer to your questions in regards to the CDN side of things - I'll let @brett jump in and give you some specifics on that.
  • RolfRolf Member
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought the error occurred because for example foxycart.js wasn't available. Maybe that was not the case.. I didn't really test really what was causing the error, because I was developing anyway and just continued on other stuff.

Maybe you guys can think of some clever way to inform foxycart users whenever the service is down. Like not return the default js but some fc-object with an error status that devs can sniff and not show "cart-related" html but some message... or something :)