The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Transaction Report time zone

AndreasAndreas Member
in Help edited March 2012
I have an issue with the Transaction report that is far from critical, but does cause me inconvenience from time to time. I have my store settings time set for Eastern US & Canada (GMT-5:00), however when I run a transaction report for a particular date range, the report seems to run on Pacific time zone (GMT-8:00). The orders are all stamped with the time of the order being GMT-5:00, but the report includes orders placed between midnight and 3:00 AM on the day AFTER the end-date-range, but not orders between midnight and 3:00 AM on the first day of the date range.

For example, if I run a transaction report for the date range of 3/25/12 to 3/25/12 (i.e. just for yesterday) the report will not include the order placed at 2:20 AM on 3/25, but will include the order placed at 1:45AM on 3/26.

Is there a way to get the date range to be based on the selected timezone for the store? Is there a setting I am missing?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Andreas, thanks for posting. That does sound like a bug that we'll look into. Are you using verison 0.7.2?
  • Hi @Luke, Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, we are on 0.7.2.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We're working on a solution, but it's possible we may not be able to roll out a fix until the next release since some users might be counting on the way it works now (doubtful, but you never know). We try hard not to make changes to existing live versions if we can avoid it. But yes, it does appear the timezone is not being taken into account when doing date based filtering. The same bit of code impacts the API as well, so we'll have to test a fix thoroughly.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I think we've heard about date-related strangeness before, but this time it clicked as to what is going wrong. We'll update this thread when we have more information.
  • Thanks @Luke. Makes sense to not switch mid stream. I can workaround until it is fixed. And glad I could help discover this little bug.