The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Perch > DataFeed Failed

samroudsamroud Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2012
Hi,
I'm using the app foxy cart for Perch Cms.
The data feed Failed:
DataFeed Failed: (8943044) 2012-03-26 20:20:33 No data returned for http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/apps/perch_shop/callback/foxy_cart_callback.php [403]
Do you know why?

Thank you.
Sam
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I think this is actually something you'd need to ask Perch about. The error message from FoxyCart is just saying "we sent the datafeed but your website didn't return anything back".
  • The answer from perch is: That is an issue at the FoxyCart end if it is not returning data so you would need to speak with them not us.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Oh boy... getting the runaround, eh? :) Well the specific error message is "No Data Returned" which means that when FoxyCart sent the datafeed to your website (running Perch) and that Perch didn't respond to it.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @samroud,

Yeah, that's a weird one. I'm not exactly sure of what the root issue here is, so I'll get our sysadmin to take a look and see if he can gleam something.

If I load your endpoint in my browser, it returns foxy, so it's loading correctly - but when the datafeed hits it, it's returning nothing within a 403 error. Where is your site hosted? Is there some form of firewall or similar setup for your account?
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2012
    I'm seeing that the data feed returns "foxy" even for datafeeds that should cause an error. A 403 response indicates a problem with the script receiving the datafeed on your server, however I haven't seen that with my limited testing, it always responds "200 OK" and "foxy" ever when it shouldn't.

This is squarely a problem with the receiving script and the Perch developers need to debug this further. If you feel like diving in yourself, you can add this to the PHP file in question, at the very top of the file, inside the initial <?php:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
    ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);

No promises, but that's uncovered many a hidden error message for me. Beyond that you might look at your server's configuration to make sure that there's no filtering or limits preventing that script from running. Look for memory limits, security settings, and .htaccess directives that might deny FoxyCart from accessing the datafeed.

Sorry I can't be more specific but, again, this error message indicates the problem is NOT with FoxyCart. Best wishes with your debugging!
  • Ok, I add this PHP code on my page:

Notice: Undefined index: FoxyData in /home/www/f632d27a5272f28f6b971459d2e5a840/web/admin/apps/perch_shop/callback/foxy_cart_callback.php on line 37

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/www/f632d27a5272f28f6b971459d2e5a840/web/admin/apps/perch_shop/callback/foxy_cart_callback.php on line 46

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/www/f632d27a5272f28f6b971459d2e5a840/web/admin/apps/perch_shop/callback/foxy_cart_callback.php on line 46

foxy
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I'll contact Perch to see if we can jointly figure out what the problem might be.

That said though, since you're just seeing notices (and no errors), and Perch + FoxyCart works fine for many others, I'm with @fc_adam in thinking it's a hosting issue.
    Where is your site hosted? Is there some form of firewall or similar setup for your account?
    Can you let us know? Because it returns a 200 when we hit it from the browser, but a 403 when our system sends the full request (which is encrypted, so a web application firewall might think it's naughty).
  • My site is hosted on infomaniak.
    I don't know if I have some firewall on my account, but I don't think so!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Do you have a contact at infomaniak we could follow up with?
  • No… just with the support > http://support.infomaniak.com/contact-us/
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    I get a 403 error when I try to send a simulated datafeed as well. Interestingly, I get the response whether or not I use the correct API key. Could you please double-check that the API key setting inside Perch matches the "API key" under the "advanced" section of the FoxyCart admin?
  • Yes, I double-checked and the API Key in the Perch admin and in Foxycart is the same…
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Ah, so here's what I heard from Infomaniak support:

I wrote:
    > Is there any kind of Web Application Firewall or mod_security-style filtering in front of [your] service? Specifically, we get a "403 access denied" response for all POST requests we send that contain encrypted XML.

They replied:
    > Yes, your script is sending a POST request without user-agent.
    > Our security policy force you to have a proper user-agent in the request otherwise the request is blocked.
    > Whatever is the user-agent but this field must not be empty . Thanks for your understanding.

This is the first time I know of that we've encountered this issue. Please stand by while we discuss internally what to do about it. Thanks!
  • Hi Fred,

Thank you, Ok I'm waiting for an update of your service!

Best regards,
    Sam
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We're looking into adding an appropriate user agent string to version 072. We'll update this thread once that is done and has been tested.
  • Ok, perfect! Thanks!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @samroud. We just lunched the update to 072. Please let us know how it goes for you!
  • Hey,

Thank you, now everything is working for me!!

Best regards,
    Sam
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Glad to hear it, Sam. Thanks for following up.