Help with upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7.2

EricTheRedEricTheRed Member
in Help edited March 2012
I have performed an upgrade to my customers shopping cart and replaced the appropriate FoxyCart code on my checkout page so that it includes the links to the new style sheet, jquery, and colorbox. Everything appears to be working fine, however I have a question about the cached checkout and receipt URLs.

In the cached checkout and receipt URLs there the following link to a style sheet and I am asking if this link needs to be updated to the new style sheet settings. Here is the link as of now:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://^^store_domain^^/themes/standard/styles.css"; type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @EricTheRed,

The stylesheet you included in your post doesn't need to be upgraded, that's the correct one you'll want.

Worth noting though, the three files included in the sample code actually should not be included on the cart, checkout or receipt templates. They should only be included on your own website pages. Including them on your cart, checkout and receipt pages will generally only cause issues...
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @EricTheRed

If you're having any specific issues, can you post your store link so we can take a look? You can always whisper it if it is private.

As Adam said, the lines that you get from the "Sample Code" area of the back-end should not be used on your Checkout, Cart, or Receipt templates. FoxyCart automatically takes care of adding the things it needs to those pages, including jQuery and relevant JS. Loading jQuery a second time is a very common culprit if you're experiencing problems.

Lance
  • Thank you for the help. I was not aware that there were issues including the "Sample Code". Here is what I have currently in the <head> section on the cached checkout and receipt pages:

<head>
    <title>^^store_name^^ Checkout</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://^^store_domain^^/themes/standard/styles.css"; type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />
    </head>

If I am understanding correctly, you are recommending that I should remove this code from the head section and only have the following code to load the cart and checkout information:

<body>
    ^^cart^^
    ^^checkout^^
    </body>

correct?

• sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    No, what he's saying is don't have the colorbox code and jQuery in your checkout as that will cause problems (those files are just for the front-side of your site). What you have should be fine.
  • Thank you sparkweb, that makes sense. It had been a while since I added FoxyCart to the site and I was sure that I followed what was in the documentation at the time. I definitely understood about the jQuery and colorbox code, but as I am not an expert on FoxyCart implementations I was still a little confused.

I have not had any reported problems from my customer since implementing the cart back at version 6.0, and the testing that was done after the upgrade to 7.2 indicates that everything is working as expected.

Thank you again everyone for all the help.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @EricTheRed,

Glad you got it sorted!