The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Do you see a drop in abandoned carts after switching to custom subdomain?

AndreasAndreas Member
in General edited March 2012
We've been live with a foxycart cart and checkout for about a month and a half. So far we've being using the standard URL for checkout ([mystore].foxycart.com/checkout.php) but upgrading to custom subdomain has been on the agenda. It has been a low priority, but if others have seen an drop in abandoned carts, I would make it a higher priority.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    That's a really great question, Andreas. I'm not sure we'll be able to answer that from our data, but we might be able to ask around and see if someone had a good Google Analytics integration going before making the switch. Are you using GA now?
  • @Luke, you guys are AWESOME about responding to comments. Thank you. Perhaps I, however posted this in the wrong place. I was hoping, and still am, for experience from other merchants using foxycart.

I find this forum to be fantastic. I've been banding about the idea of posting trying to organize merchants foxycart to share ideas and information. Any thoughts about adding something like "Merchant's Corner" to the categories?
  • Oh, and to answer your question, yes, we're using GA. I keep a tab open with their "Real-Time" tracking and every time I see someone on the checkout and then leave without an order come in, it hurts. It hurts bad. Now, I'm a reasonable guy and know some of them come back, but I want to do everything within my power to get more of them to follow-through.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks Andreas. We actually have plans for a full FoxyCart Developer's Network which would include lead generation, business materials, training, etc. That's a great idea about a Merchant Corner, though. We have an awesome community, but it is often focused around development (our primary target market), which means a lot of our users focus on technical support here in the forum. We would LOVE to have more dialog and support for merchants to discuss best practices, FoxyCart tips and tricks, and such. I'll see if we can get that category added. Hopefully it won't be a ghost town. :)