Stripe Support

Just wondering if you have plans to support stripe?

Thanks,

Daniel.
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    FoxyCart supports Stripe in version 0.7.2

http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/stripe
  • Perfect! Thanks.
  • Do all the details of the customer including card info get saved on Stripe's end? That might be a bit of a silly question, sorry if that's the case.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Here are the details we send to Stripe:
    	'amount'
    			'currency'
    			'card' => array(
    				'number' 
    				'exp_month' 
    				'exp_year' 
    				'name' 
    				'address_line1' 
    				'address_line2' 
    				'address_zip' 
    				'address_state' 
    				'address_country' 
    			),
    			'description' (we put the email here)
    		)

• Hmm. It seems like all the required information is sent over but I wonder if one logs into their stripe account if that user data is saved there. Appreciate it Luke, I'm hoping someone using Stripe can chime in.
  • Hey, I'm just learning a detail as i get started with Stripe: there's the most common, default behavior for integrating is to just create a charge. But what I'm needing is to create a customer object that is attached to that charge, yielding a customer ID that I can go back to later for future charges.

Is the FoxyCart integration capable of sending a 'create customer object' kind of request to Stripe, too?
    I was looking at this too. I don't think it is by default, but I wonder if FoxyCart could adjust their integration so that Stripe could use FoxyCart's authorization feature to do exactly that.

Whaddya guys think?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We'll take a look, though that would be a unique feature only this gateway has. Could there be a situation where a create customer would create a duplicate customer? Would we have to somehow check if a customer exists, prior to creating a new one? Is there any downside to adding this feature that could mess up how someone manages their Stripe transactions? Would we need to make this a feature that can be turned on or off?
    This looks pretty straight-forward: https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/charges

If "authorize" is checked on for Stripe, you'd just create the customer and pass back "Stripe Customer ID: xxxxxxxxx" for the resource response. Then Patrick could grab that information later and charge as he wants to. I don't see any issues with creating multiple customers since you are just going to use the card number once anyway.