The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Foxycart + Beanstrean + Subscription: cancellation is not working

super_usersuper_user Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2012
Hi Foxycart Team,

I've got 2 questions:
1. When I try to cancel my foxycart subscription (payment gateway is Beanstream) I get an error message saying "Your payment was declined for the following reason: Invalid Card Number". How can I cancel such subscription?

2. Seems like subscription cancellation uses just the same layout as the checkout page. Is it possible to customise cancellation template without touching the checkout one?

My stores (dev and production) you can find here http://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/5673/uk-province-and-phone-number#Item_4
I can send you links to screen shots and video in "Whisper" mode.

Thank you!
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2012
    Hi @super_user. Just to clarify, do you mean you're trying to cancel your FoxyCart subscription (the $19/mo that you pay to FoxyCart), or canceling a subscription for your test store? I'm reading it as the former, but your 2nd question implies the latter. Either way, we'll take a look, but let us know so we don't answer the wrong question :)

As far as your 2nd question goes, I'll check on that and get back to you. (You could conceivably make it happen now, but it'd be a bit of work with jQuery and such. There may be a different option in a future release, which is what I want to check on.)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey super_user. Thanks for the video, that communicated a lot of information.

1) Canceling subscriptions the day before they renew isn't something we currently support. That's basically what we would consider setting a new end date for the subscription, not a cancel. As for dynamically setting an end date in the email template, we may be able to support that in a future version as we're going to support Twig syntax in all of our templates. You could conceivably take the end date, subtract a day and build our own cancel link using the sub_token.

2) As for the second issue, that seems really strange. There's no reason at all the checkout should be trying to charge a fee since the total should be $0. We'll look into that further and get an answer to you. I don't see any custom hacks in the checkout template that would add any unusual fees and the taxes shouldn't be applied either.
  • Hi Foxycart Team,

Is there any news about the issue with subscription cancellation?

Thank you!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @super_user. Thanks so much for bumping this thread. It's on my list and though I did look into it a bit, I haven't yet figured out what's going on with your store in particular.
  • Hi Luke,

It seems like the issue is fixed now.

Thank you!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    But... we didn't change anything. Did anything in your system change?