The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Emails to Multiple Addresses

chriscoyierchriscoyier Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2008
So we have a cart set up and processing transactions for a client, but to keep an eye on things, we'd like to get email receipts (or some kind of email notification) when an order goes through. Is there so way to set that up, so that two more more emails get the store receipt?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Yes, yes, and kind of.

You can only enter one email address in the admin fields, but what we typically recommend is setting up a little distribution list on your end. I always recommend Google Apps, but whatever your client is on you could set up something like store@example.com. Make that address a super simple little distribution list to go to your client(s) and yourself.

It's not necessarily the first thing you'd think of, but it works really well. We also recommend that it goes to at least 2 people on the client side, in case one person's out sick, on vacation, etc.

Does that help? We've discussed allowing you to enter multiple email addresses, comma (or space, I suppose) separated, but it just hasn't been a priority up to this point. If the above solution won't work, let us know and we'll look into adding that functionality.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I should also mention that you can send separate emails per category. So if you're only using one category you could just add a separate email there for you to be notified.

And, because our goal has always been to make FoxyCart work for as many situations as possible, you could use the XML datafeed to send another custom email:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration

Lots of ways to get it done. Hopefully at least one of them makes sense for what you need. If not, let me know ;)
  • Setting up an email address just for this and forwarding them on with filters looks like it will be the way to go. That should work fine for now. I could see this being a part of FoxyCart though, I think it would just feel a little safer and more reliable to have the system be shooting out the emails to multiple addresses rather than relying on a third party and correctly-written filters.

Thanks for the ideas Brett!