Accepting international transactions

Is accepting credit cards for international transactions a function of what something you do in foxycart or is it something you have to contact your Merchant account provide about?

I can only accept payment overseas with paypal express. Can someone help me with a solution to this? I'm loosing out of thousands of dollars because of this.

Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello lifalee. What merchant account provider and payment gateway are you working with? You should be able to accept all kinds of international transactions, but that depends on what country you're located in and what providers you're using. More information on that can be found here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/primer/the_pieces
  • I'm using Intuit for MA iwth Authorize.net payment gateway. I'm in New York USA.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @liftalee -

Can you provide a link to your store? You can whisper it if it is private.

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to take a customer credit card for international transactions, but you are unable to do so. International customers can only checkout using PayPal Express at this point. Is that correct?

One thing that comes to mind is that if you have a shippable product and do not have any shipping options configured in FoxyCart the customer won't be able to complete the transaction on the one-page checkout because the data will never validate. This would explain why they could complete using PayPal Express, since, at that point, PayPal actually takes over.

The decision on whether or not to approve a transaction belongs to the Merchant Bank and the particular settings you have with the Gateway, so it is possible that your issue will need to be resolved with them.

Of course, neither of these might be the cause of the problem at all, so it would help to see your store in action.

Lance
  • I do flat rate shipping internationally and then collect shipping later from the customer. (I intend to change that). I believe it was a the gateway issues. Luke helped me resolve this. Thanks.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @liftalee. Just wanted to make sure your international issues were solved by adjusting your AVS settings (or something else)?
  • Thanks, the problem was the address verification settings...I changed them to be a litle less stringent.