Multiple store cart confusion

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2008
We're encountering an error while working with multiple stores. If I have an item in a shopping cart in one store, then proceed to the second store without emptying the cart, FoxyCart gets confused. Both items will display in either shopping cart (instead of just the item from that store), and when I click to go through to the checkout page it errors out and the page doesn't load (I get nothing).
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Can you provide the exact steps to duplicate the problem, and whisper me URLs to test?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Ah, ok... so both separate stores will be at the same domain? That's in interesting one that hasn't come up before.

Is that how they will stay, or is that just temporary while you're developing?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited September 2008
    We actually discussed this a while back and made the change to the javascript cookie to work for all subdomains of a given domain because some websites sprawl across multiple subdomains and it solves the whole "www" or not to "www" issue. If it's a major problem, let us know and we may be able to figure out a workaround. Alternately, you might be able to do some js magic, check the cookie yourself and and empty the cart if they are going from one domain to another.
  • Actually this shouldn't be a problem. When we go live with the first site it will have another domain name.

Thanks.