The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Bookmarkable Internal Links

cfncfn Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2008
I use Freshbooks and they just rolled out a cool feature on their website that makes life a lot easier.

All the individual pages in my subsite ("Invoices" "Time Tracking" "Projects") are now bookmark-able. Meaning instead of having to log in at http://xxx.freshbooks.com and wade through the menu to find the page I wanted to go to, I can now bookmark my frequent pages and go right to them with one click.

I would love for Foxy to do that with store sites. So - if I find myself going to the subscription page three times a week, I could just bookmark that page and go right to it (after a login screen) instead of having to go to the store homepage first and wade through the menu (which works fine, but isn't that easy to use.) It gets old seeing the same store homepage with the sample code on it after logging in, especially after the fourth month of using it :)

Duno how Freshbooks did it, but, I'm so glad they did.

John
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    You and me both, John. ;)

This is actually something we definitely have on our radar, as I personally hate not having the store as part of the URL, as it makes working on multiple stores in multiple tabs impossible.

We probably won't get to it anytime soon, but we will get to it eventually.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    PS:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/feature_requests
    Go ahead and vote for it (stick "Admin Improvements - Bookmarkable URLs") in there if there's nothing appropriate right now.
    Thanks!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited September 2008
    Brett's been wanting this one forever... but since our "multiple store admin" functionality is still kind of under the radar right now (i.e., now admin interface for adding new users to the store, validating users, removing users, etc) then we've been focusing on other priorities. Thanks for posting though. We know it is an important feature to have.