The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Adding multiple custom checkout fields and placing them in different locations

solikesimonsolikesimon Member
in Help edited April 2012
I'm using fc_custom_fields as per the example:

^^custom_begin^^
<fieldset id="fc_custom_fields">
<div class="fc_inner">
<div>
<input type="checkbox" name="terms_of_service" value="accept" checked="checked" class="fc_required" />
<label for="terms_of_service">By checking this box you agree to our <a href="http://yoursite.com/tos.html"; target="_blank">Terms of Service</a>.</label>
<label class="fc_error" style="display:none;" for="terms_of_service">You must accept our Terms of Service to complete this transaction.</label>
</div>
</div><!-- .fc_inner -->
</fieldset><!-- #fc_custom_fields -->
^^custom_end^^

And then I use Jquery to position this at the end of the Payments section. So far so good.

Now what do I do if I want to add another custom field that needs to be separate from the first one because I need to position it in a different location?

Can I simply give the DIV above with no ID an ID, and then directly below this add my new DIV with an ID containing my second custom field?

Thanks!
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sure, you can do whatever you like. The id of "fc_custom_fields" isn't the important part. The important part if the ^^custom_begin^^ and ^^custom_end^^ tags.

Ps. Loving Foxycart!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks! :)