Fixed amount coupon code / loyalty program

jwghcjwghc Member
in Help edited April 2012
1) We want to start a program that allow qualified referrers to give their "code" to someone and that code would give them a flat $25 discount on two of our products (same category). Can this be done?

We will then track the sales that the referrer generated and be able to pay a commission by tracking that coupon code.

2) Can I input our coupons codes one at a time since we have our own method of generating them once we enroll someone in our program. Does this make sense?
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jwghc,

You can create coupons as you need to create them, whether that be one at a time or multiple codes at a time.

What you've detailed would be possible, but it may get tricky depending how many times you want to allow the code to be used. Would you be looking for only one use per person?
  • jwghcjwghc Member
    @fc_adam since this is a referral type program, we would be using these codes many times (no limit). they are unique to the referrer and used to not only calculate discount but also calculate commissions owed to referrer.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @jwghc, fwiw we'd probably recommend looking at iDevAffiliate or some other affiliate system (if you're not already using one). If you've already got it all set up, more power to you :) But if you don't, it might make your life a lot easier. It'd be fairly easy to hook it up so it keys off the coupon code used. It'd also give your affiliates a nice way to keep track of their activity.

Also re #2, in case it's not clear, you should probably just set up one main coupon code that sets the discount syntax and category and such. Then just add variants to that code as affiliates are added. That'd be a lot easier to manage than a ton of separate codes (that'd all be doing the same thing).

Actually... hmmm... for reporting purposes you'd have to make sure that'd get you what you want, since the code isn't displayed on the email receipt. (It is, however, displayed in the transaction view in the admin.)
  • jwghcjwghc Member
    @brett and @fc_adam can i simply input a coupon that is a flat $25 off? Seems like it should be a basic thing. All options I see are based off of quantity or price.

@jwghc, you would select a coupon that is an amount off based on the quantity and set the discount string to 1-25, which says for 1 or more products, discount the cart by $25.
  • jwghcjwghc Member
    edited April 2012
    @fc_adam This will only be for one category and don't want to or can't allow it for other category. Just want to be sure before I set it. Can you give me guidance on this?
    @jwghc, when you create the coupon - you need to select the categories it's valid for, so just select the category it applies to there.
  • jwghcjwghc Member
    @fc_adam thanks for your help!