The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Testing with PayPal

charlie_mezakcharlie_mezak Member
in Help edited April 2012
My client has a Website Payments Pro account with Paypal. So far, we've been testing our store using Foxycart's default test account.

However, we need to be able to process refunds via PayPal's API (since that can't happen through FC). So we need to be able to test the store using our own PayPal sandbox/test account, and I'm not sure how to do this.

I see that in the Payment section of the FC Admin system I can enter a test account email address. I'm assuming that this should be the sandbox business account I've created in the PayPal sandbox system. However, when I use this email, i get the following error when checking out in my store:
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10002 Authentication/Authorization Failed) You do not have permissions to make this API call

Normally to use the PayPal API, you have to include the password and signature of the account as well as the email address, but there's no way to enter that here.

Can someone give me a clue on how to test my store using my own PayPal Sandbox account? Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments