Is PayPal Payments Pro the new PayPal Website Payments pro?

ZachWillsZachWills Member
in Help edited May 2012
I need to be able to accept credit cards on my site and I looked around for paypal website payments pro since that is what is in the list on foxycart, however I could not find it. I did find "PayPal Payments Pro", and it seems to be the same thing except it requires you apply to be approved and all.

Will PayPal payments pro work as the card handler for credit card transactions? What is the easiest credit card processor to use?

Thanks in advance,

Zach
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hi Zach. Yup, that's the same thing. I'd recommend that you check out another provider, though. PP Pro is a little pricey for what you get. I like stripe.com.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @ZachWillis, where'd you see a PayPal Website Payments Pro reference? I thought we got all of them but clearly not :)
  • @brett When I am logged in to my account underneath Store->Payment when I click the checkbox for "let customers pay with debit or credit card" one of the 2 paypal options is PayPal Website Payments Pro.

Store version 0.7.2
  • Thanks @sparkweb for the suggestion- I will look into that.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for spotting that, Zach. We just rolled out some code changes to remove references to the old name that were still in our system.
  • No problem! Happy to help :D