Getting Error 'No permission for:'avs_info' when checking out with live transaction

jmossjmoss Member
in Help edited May 2012
I've been working with a new site and everything worked great through testing. (We are using the moneris test gateway) It took transactions receipts everything Now that we have switched to live transactions I can't get a transaction to go through.
I created a test item http://wizzvent.com/wizzvent2011wp/products/test-item/ went through the procress of filling out the info and I get this error
Error: There was an error processing your payment: Cancelled: Transaction not allowed.No permission for:'avs_info'

I've looked up this error here on the boards and found a thread from July last year that mentions that they need AVS and CVD activated on their Moneris account... which I'm assured by the client that Moneris has told them they have activated. Is there any other reason they would get this error and is there anything we can do now that they are paying for foxycart and can't launch the site as transactions won't go through?

Thanks for looking!

Sincerely
Jeremy Moss
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Do you know if there's a delay related to them activating that setting and it working for their system? If their site says there is no permission, that's what our system is displaying. Do you have a contact there we can work with directly? Maybe we could contact them and get more information.
  • jmossjmoss Member
    Hi Luke, Thanks for the reply! Really Appreciated.

I'll have to see if I can get the client to give me authorization to talk to Moneris on their behalf and get the answer "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak.
    I was told several weeks ago that they had called and made sure it was added to their account.
    Anyway I'll have to get back to you.

Thanks again! You guys are why I recommend foxycart to all my clients. This just happens to be the first one who wants to use moneris!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You're very welcome, Jeremy! Just let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
  • jmossjmoss Member
    Hi Luke,

Took forever to get through to Moneris!

BUT as it turns out I was given the wrong api token and that can also throw that same error! Really wish it had thrown a different error to put me on the right track but anyway problem solved... if anyone else runs into this check both the AVS and CVD and triple check your id and API token!
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @jmoss -

Thanks for posting an update about this. Hopefully your experience can benefit other users in the future.

Lance