0.7.2 Canadian Store with multiship option using Moneris - Couple of Queries.

1.We want to use Canadian and US Store on same site. We have set up a new Canadian Store. (We have never used Moneris before.)We were wondering if you guys know how to do it, without conflicting the javascripts and cookies ?
2. We saw that the only difference in the js file is the store name. If we overwrite the store name, will it work ?
3. Is there a way we can use same cart and then feed information to two different gateways ? (I doubt about this too, but no harm in asking.)
4. Any other way that you might suggest to make two store (US + Canada) work on same site?

Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    This store has a similar setup: http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/subscribe/ and uses subdomains for the separate stores to avoid any cookie confusion.

On this site (I did the integration) both sites point to the same datafeed with a ?store=us on the end and the datafeed sorts out which store they are and proceeds accordingly.
  • AnitaAnita Member
    Is it necessary to have subdomains ? We just have one domain common for US and Canada. Will that work ?
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    My experience is that having everything on one domain leads to some cookie confusion when switching back and forth between stores. The Foxy admins might speak to this though.
  • AnitaAnita Member
    @fc_adam, @luke Waiting on your comments.

@sparkweb thanks
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @brett has the most experience with multiple stores so I'll let him chime in here.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @anita, you have to use either subdomains or directories. So either us.example.com and can.example.com or example.com/us/ and example.com/can/

One or the other (or both if you really wanted, but there's no need) are required to prevent the fcsid cookies from conflicting. If you go this route you have to set a little config value:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.2/javascript#how_it_works_configuration
    The "sitedomain" and "cookiepath" settings.

Make sense?
  • AnitaAnita Member
    Hey @Brett,

Sorry for late reply....We did implement it with setting cookie path( "US/" and "CA/") ...so far we don't have a problem...but we need a new feature...We want to show a pop-up if a user has Canadian products in the cart and tries to add/Checkout US products.

I mean, suppose I have two Canadian products in my Canadian cart and then I tired to go to US products page and tried to add product, I should get a popup saying "Please checkout items from your Canadian cart". For this, I need to know the count of products in Canadian cart right ? Is there a way I can get the number of products in Canadian cart/US cart ?

Thanks for the help.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Anita.
    Sorry for my epicly late reply. I missed the notification on this one. Do you still need help with this?