The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

customer_state pre-population field and SSO

freshjonesfreshjones Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2012
Hi,

When using SSO in addition to pre-populate fields, all customer and shipping prepopulation fields that are passed into the cart all will override any SSO loaded pre-pop fields, as I would expect to happen...except for the customer_state and shipping_state fields, these never seem to be updated, but always default back to the SSO customer_state and shipping_state values.

this seems like a bug to me and it somewhat of a pain. consider:

customer is logged in and has his data pre-poped when arriving at the checkout page, but he has decided to bill and ship at a different address in a different state so he updates his information and decides to make a change to the cart (which loads in all his new customer and shipping values via href query string) Now when he goes back to the checkout all the fields he had entered are still accurate, EXCEPT the state fields which he now has to re-enter, and further more the shipping values are displaying an error because there is a mismatch in state and zipcode values, all because the state did not come back as expected from the pre-pop values passed to the cart.

Also I can confirm this does not happen if there is no SSO pre-populating.

any help or hints as to how to correct this would be great

thanks

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @freshjones,

Could you link us to your store?

Ultimately, this is kind of outside the realm of what we recommend, as as I mentioned in your other thread, we don't recommend mixing prepopulation and SSO. That said, we can take a look and see if anything sticks out.