Minimum Password Requirements

pjdietzpjdietz Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited June 2012
Hey FoxyCart crew, is it possible to enforce some minimum requirements when a user creates a password on the checkout page? As it is, it's possible to create an account with a single-character password. This seems a bit weak, particularly since you're saving credit card info.

I've searched through the forums and documentation, but haven't found anything about this. Please let me know if I'm just missing something simple.
Tagged:
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks pjdietz. Yes, this is definitely something we'll be improving in the future. We never expose the card number, but it would be possible to purpose products via that store by that user if a password was compromised. Ideally, we should have some basic requirements in place and let the store override them as needed. We'll create a ticket in our system, but in the meantime, you should be able to easily add some JavaScript to check the password strength before allowing the page to submit. Some of these examples might get you started: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start