The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

MODx base href="[(site_url)]"

knightknightknightknight Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2008
I think I might have found a MODx type bug, althought not totally sure!

I'm using <base href="[(site_url)]" /> in my head tag because Ive enabled fURL on MODx.

When I'm caching my checkout page Foxy is caching what seems to be the index.html page (some times more then once) then caching the checkout page and what you end up with is a complete mess. Or worse a blank page.

When I check through the cache code, I can see a mix of html and css for index.html and /store/checkout.html.

I can't work out if base href="[(site_url)]" of MODx, delay in changing a MODx template to foxycarts caching of them or the cache storage of template in foxycart not clearing.!!?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    FoxyCart's "automagicache" should be able to handle a base href without problems... It actually just strips and ignores it (because it's figuring out the base href on its own).

Can you whisper me the URL that you're trying to cache?
    Ah... very interesting. The base href IS needed with the way you've structured your paths...

I'll correct this behavior, but it won't happen immediately. In the meantime you could just make the paths to your CSS and such root-relative, so:
    /css/new-styles.css
    rather than:
    css/new-styles.css

That should take care of the issue.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  • @brett, forgot to mention on my css I was also using base_url in my css:

background: url( [(base_url)]/assets/templates

And I was also using Id reference in the MODx templates [~1~]:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="[~37~]" type="text/css" media="screen" />

However, I've done what you said for now and taken off the:
    [ulist]
    [li]<base href="[(site_url)]" />[/li]
    [li]put /assets/tmeplates/ paths in the CSS[/li]
    [li]put /assets/template paths in the MODx template[/li]
    [/ulist]
    so far so good. But it would be nicer to use base href! :)
    Ha!
    I might have mis-communicated though. It's just our 2nd daughter, but I'm still totally outnumbered ;)
  • Has there been any movement on this? It appears to still not work.
    @MokoJumbie, you're talking about a base href tag? Unfortunately, no movement. I'm not sure this came up since this thread, actually. Can you work around using the base tag?