Foxycart and Vend POS

nickffnickff Member
in General edited June 2012
Hi All,

I have a potential e-commerce website project coming down the pike that requires integrating with the Vend POS system. I'm just curious if anyone has ever integrated Foxycart with Vend. I'd basically be looking to send data from every web order over to Vend (duurrhh).

It looks like they have an API, so on the surface it seems doable...just not sure how much work something like this would take.

Any general thoughts would be much appreciated!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited June 2012
    @nickff,

It looks like it shouldn't be too involved, essentially you'd have two parts - one for dealing with the encrypted xml datafeed sent from FoxyCart, and after that's pulled apart, passing the required data over to Vend via their API.

Obviously this will depend on your familiarity with whatever language you're going to be using.
  • nickffnickff Member
    @fc_adam,

Awesome, that's what I was thinking. Thanks so much for the confirmation!
  • Hi, I have a project similar to Nickff with Vend.

How did it go? What might you report back to share your experience?
  • @patrickpitman,

I actually ended up going with a different e-commerce solution for this project that already had a built-in integration with Vend. The client didn't have it in the budget to have something custom built with Foxy and Vend's API, so I unfortunately was unable to use FC for it.

Sorry to not have more info for you! Good luck with the project.
  • Hi, just checking whether the integration for Vend is still yet to be developed? Am really keen to use FoxyCart for a website I'm planning to build where the client needs integration with Xero and Vend.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @moldedjelly.

I don't believe anybody's released any code, but it should be doable. What type of integration would you be looking for (like the basic idea, what data should go where)?
  • Thanks @brett.
    I checked out Vend a little more and noticed they have an integration with Xero. So my current plan is to use FoxyCart with CraftCMS, using Vend to maintain the products/inventory and Craft will sync with Vend. Does this sound like a good overall plan?
    @moldedjelly,

Ultimately if it works for your needs, then it's a great plan!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @moldedjelly, heads up we're talking with https://www.pipemonk.com/, which will have a Xero integration. If you're still interested, let me know and we'll get you early access. (We don't have a time frame, but seems like they move pretty quickly.)
  • Hi there. I have a client using Vend POS. They would like their website sales to connect with this to display inventory of products. I want to develop the site in Webflow CMS, with Foxycart and integrate with Vend POS.

Are there any docs for this? How would I go about this?

Any help would be great! Thank you
    @Dylan,

Sorry for the delay replying here. I believe we helped you out via email with this query.

To answer publicly though - an integration between Foxy and Vend POS should definitely be possible. You could utilise our Webhooks to process data about each transaction, and pass those details over to Vend using their API to adjust inventory accordingly.