PayPal pro setup

sccr410sccr410 Member
in Help edited June 2012
I followed all the instructions (although they don't match the current PayPal website whatsoever)

I have this setup: http://screencast.com/t/FEjfK3o3u

Yet at checkout I get
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10507 Invalid Configuration) This transaction cannot be processed. Please contact PayPal Customer Service.

I did use a fake credit card number, was expecting to get an error that says "Invalid card" not "Invalid Configuration"
Tagged:
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    According to the PayPal API docs, this is an error code given when an account has been restricted. Are you aware of any restrictions on your account?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    As for them not matching the site whatsoever, can you elaborate? We'd really like to improve those docs to help future customers if they are out of date today.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Also fwiw, we've seen many (many) people try to follow the Payflow Pro docs when setting up PayPal Payments Pro (or vice versa, or others). So if you could clarify what type of PayPal account you have (and what you're paying PayPal in fees as well, to confirm you do have what you think you have) it'd be helpful. I know this might sound like a dumb thing for me to ask you about, but seriously, PayPal's got many different similarly named things, and even after explaining the differences and such it can still be confusing.

(I actually emailed them about issues like this earlier today via their partner program, fwiw.)
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I think what's confusing is that they have a new interface and an old interface for their settings page and some accounts are inexplicably on the new and some on the old and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it around. For being such a massive player in the market, I'm always amazed by how hard PayPal seems to make simple things. *shakes head*
  • Enter billing_api1.foxycart.com, check all the checkboxes except “Consolidate funds from two or more accounts to a master account.”, and submit. (Or, if you already have another API permission granted, click “Add new permission”, then do the preceding.)

That part confused me because that looks like an API URL but PayPal asks for "Third Party Permission Username" - http://screencast.com/t/B2hurAKf3. So I was going in circles trying to find a place to put in a URL for several minutes until it finally dawned on me that the URL might be the username.