Peter BloomPeter Bloom Member
in Help edited June 2007
Getting: "not a valid store alert" from following:

What am I missing?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited June 2007
    Hi Peter.

Both those files appear to be working as they should. When I attempt to add a product I get the following:

We're sorry, the store you requested could not be found or it has not yet been configured with a cart template and default product category.
    Please check back later.

If you set and save your cart and checkout templates to the defaults (by selecting the radio button at the bottom of your template pages, then updating), you should be able to proceed.

If you have an "Add to cart" type link that's not working as expected, go ahead and post that link.
  • Hi Brett,

No matter what I do, the pop-up alert says: "mainstreamassociates does not appear to be a valid store. Please check your settings.
    Do you have a URL that we can take a look?
  • Brett, our URL is http://www.mainstreampeople.com.
    The store subdomain URL I'm trying to use is: https://mainstreamassociates.foxycart.com/ ... etc...
    I'd originally setup mainstreampeople, and then deleted that.
    I think you just answered your question. It's telling you "mainstreamassociates does not appear to be a valid store", and you just said you deleted mainstreamassociates.

If you're adding products to your cart, you've got to use the same subdomain as is listed in your store settings.

Does that solve the problem? If it doesn't please give me the URL where you're testing this (ie. a page that actually has an "add to cart" type link). That'd help tremendously.
  • Peter BloomPeter Bloom Member
    edited June 2007
    No Brett, if you re-read the comment, you'll find that it was mainstreampeople that got deleted. mainstreamassociates is the store now. I'll put the script back up on www.mainstreampeople.com/page1.html in a few minutes.
    Ok, I'm seeing the problem. Your store isn't set up, as I mentioned above. The error that you're seeing is definitely not very descriptive, but it will go away once the store is configured.

On the dashboard in your admin you'll see a "Store Configuration Status" list. Go through that, then your store will be ready to use, and this error should go away. If it doesn't, let me know.

I'll see if we can make that javascript error a little more descriptive, since as is doesn't make it easy to figure out what's going on.