[Resolved] Email Notifications

pbuickpbuick Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2007
When does foxy cart send the email to specified admin email address in the catagorie set up page? I have done a few test transactions today and have received all my customer emails as soon as the order was placed, but have not received any of my admin emails. Do these emails only get sent out once a day? or am I missing something really simple?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hmmm... you're either missing something really simple, or ... we have a new bug.

I'm actually seeing some bounces that came in (to us) sent to orders@(yourdomain), saying it's not a valid address
    Remote host said: 550 <orders@(yourdomain).com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Is that the problem? Category-specific admin orders should go out at the same time as the customer emails. If they're going to a valid email address, let me know.

Oh, also, if you don't have a subject line set for the admin emails, I don't think they'll go out. Give that a check too.
  • ok, so now I am officially confused, I have orders@mydomain.com set up in the store settings as the from email, why would foxy cart be trying to send the notification emails to that address?

FYI, I don not have orders@mydomain.com set up as a valid email address currently on my server, I assumed that the emails were being sent through a PHP script or the similar so it would not mater until I go live and some one reply s to an email.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Ah... ok, I see it now. The bounces we're getting are bounces of bounces. You have orders@ set as your "from" address, which your host is smart enough to figure out is a "spoofed" account.

What I pasted above was the bounce of the bounce. Here's the original bounce:
    Remote host said: 550 <orders@(yourdomain).com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

So it rejected it first based on the sender address, then that bounce bounced again because it doesn't exist to receive the bounce in the first place, so we got the double-bounce notification.

So if you add orders@, you should be fine. Let me know how it works out.
  • That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the info!