Unique use case, need suggestions

sccr410sccr410 Member
in Help edited June 2012
So we setup a standard store setup for one of our clients. They have asked me to find out how to do a unique setup/addon to their site.

They are going to be offering a select few of their products on some TV special or something like that where people will have to call in to order their product (the website will not be mentioned at all). There will be call operators that take the order info and process the order over the phone.

My client wants to setup a special area of their site for these call operators to login to in order to do these orders. They are fine if the operator goes through the same checkout process as a website user would (we will make a single page that lists the selected products to make adding to cart much easier for them and then send them to the standard FoxyCart checkout area but just enter the info provided by the customer over the phone).

The complicated part that I cannot figure out yet is they need some way to "tag" these orders once they are processed as being completed by a call operator. The company handling these calls is going to be paid some percentage of the order totals each month so my client needs to a way export just these orders to get dollar amounts and calculate the amount to pay them each month.

I was originally thinking making a special category and just making these products assigned to that category in the add to cart form, then exporting all orders where a product was in a specific category. However, this is not possible in the transaction export area. Looking through the export filters, I don't see any options that will work to separate these orders from regular website orders.

Is the only option to setup a separate FoxyCart account for these?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410,

If you give the products a custom option, or alternatively set a hidden session attribute on those orders, you can filter by both of those things in the administration transactions report. The product option by filtering on the 'product option value' and the session attribute by the 'custom field value'.

Interestingly, it seems that you can't filter by category. I'll bring that up with our devs, as that's definitely an option that we'd want to provide.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @sccr410. A category filter makes a lot of sense and it's honestly sad we don't have one. We'll definitely be adding that in the future. In the mean time, I think Adam's suggestion should work well. I assume you're familiar with our UOE feature as well, which would be very helpful here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/unified_order_entry
  • So I finally got this up and running but I still see no way to filter these transactions. There is no option to filter by hidden session attribute. In my add to cart links for these unique products I added "h:referrer=callcenter". They show up for each test transaction, but admin transaction search does not have any way to filter for these specific orders.

UOE actually has no need here as we do not yet have the customer's info yet so we can't login as them to fill out the order already.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I believe that if you select the "Add Filter" dropdown and select Custom Field Name and Custom Field Value you can get the info you are looking for. (referrer and callcenter, respectively)
  • Neither Custom Field Name or Custom Field Value are available in the Add Filter drop down. What am I missing?

http://screencast.com/t/8d3XxLFu20

I see no reference to any option like that in there.
    What version are you running? I see this in version 0.7.2:

2ytzhgk.png
  • We were on 0.7.1 - changed to 0.7.2 and now I see them. Thanks!
    Make sure you update the FoxyCart includes on your site, too, as they did change between 0.7.1 and 0.7.2.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410, you can see other upgrading notes here too: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/upgrading
  • Thank you gentleman