We made some updates to (and actually started enforcing) our cancellation policy regarding FoxyCart stores with a past due amount. Up to this point, we've been sending reminder emails every 3 days and, after a certain period of time, emailing not only the billing contact but also everyone who had access to the store via the admin.
Here's what we're doing now:
- If your store's payment fails to process, we'll send you a reminder email 2 days later including the links necessary to update your payment method and bring your account up to date.
- 7 days after the initial failed payment, we'll send another reminder email and will continue with a reminder every 7 days.
- After 18 days, everyone who has access to that store via the admin will be included in the reminder emails.
- After 30 days, we'll check to see if your store has had a live transaction in the last 30 days.
- If it has not, we will cancel your store and you will receive a cancellation email.
- If your store has had a transaction in the last 30 days (which we're using as an indication you're actually using your FoxyCart store), we'll be notified and we'll try to follow up with you directly before shutting down your store.
We feel this policy is fair and gives you plenty of time to get updated if your payment card fails for some reason.
As always, we welcome your feedback.
Also related to this discussion, we send out reminder emails on the 15th and 25th of each month concerning cards that are about to expire.