Multiple Option Sets for a Single Product

in Help edited October 2008
Hey All! Very excited about moving our webstore over to Foxycart. However, I seem to be missing something. I see examples posted to the wiki where a product has a single set of options (such as size). And it seems like one would be able to have more than a single set of options (such as size AND color). However, I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do this. Is there more documentation about setting up product options available somewhere?

Thanks a ton, Jeffrey
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Easy answer: Just add more options ;)

There are a handful of "reserved" parameters that FoxyCart uses (name, quantity, category, etc.), but anything else you add is added to the product, so you could have 0, 1, or 100.

This page has a lot of information:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/getting_started:adding_links_and_forms

If it's not clear just let us know.
  • edited October 2008
    Well, here's the problem. I've got a product, it's available in two sizes, and with four different finishes. I'd like one pull-down to set the size, and another pulldown below that to set the finish. So that customers can mix and match those two separate options.

Both size and finish can effect price. When I follow the examples, and try to have two <select> </select>, one after another, it (foxycart) only takes the first option set, and not the second when I click add to cart. The Size shows up like it should, and the price is properly adjusted, however the second option is ignored.

Do I need to actually do this as two products, one to be the table at a certain size and the other to be the chosen finish, in order to do this?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    My hunch is that you're using the same name for both select elements.
    <select name="size">
    <select name="finish">

You probably have the same name for both, so it's getting confused. If that's not the issue let me know where we can take a look at the HTML.
  • Thanks, got it working. It was just my syntax, I was putting some end tags in the wrong spots. Thanks!