International Shipping

tommytommy Member
in General edited July 2012
Hello,

My international clients are trying to purchase items from our website but they are running into issues in the check out area. Just hope we aren't losing business because people run into the problem and turn away. I have been emailed the following issues -

• When I check out, the browser/website freezes when I place my providence.
• When I enter my providence, it says I still need to enter a providence and won't let me continue. ( Germany )

Also, if people are buying international, is there a way we can set flat rates on certain weights for different countries? Not sure if that's possible.

Thanks guys!

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @tommy,

Could you let us know which store this is for? We'll take a look once you do.

In terms of the flat rates query, it's not possible to achieve specific tiers like that out of the box, but you can with some javascript. You can find some examples of that on our snippets page: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/start
  • tommytommy Member
    wetheprinters1 I think its under. If not, it's just wetheprinters.
    @tommy,

Could you let us know which browser your seeing the crashes on? I'm not able to replicate the browser crashing when trying to enter state or country.
    @tommy - just wanting to touch base again - are you still seeing this issue? If you can give us some more details, we'll dig in on this some more.
  • tommytommy Member
    @fc_adam

Just had a client email me last night. He had trouble checking out -- this was the error he got.

Error: Your payment was declined for the following reason: A validation error occurred while processing this transaction: Incorrect Street Address and Zip Code. Please correct values and try processing again.

After he claims he is putting in correct information. Is there possibly a bug in our system? Not too sure..
    edited July 2012
    @tommy,

I'll whisper you some details, but just for everyone else's benefit, the error they received about the address mismatch is directly returned from the gateway as well, so this is validation that is out of our control. If the address is indeed correct, the gateway would be the best place to ask about why it's failing.