The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Confused about Google Analytics integration

cmccmc Member
in General edited July 2012
Hi,

I've followed the guide found below to integrated google analytics with foxycart:
http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/googleanalytics_async

There are a few things that i don't understand.

Firstly my store is at www.motobulbs.co.uk, and my checkout is at motobulbs.foxycart.com

I have selected the code for multiple top level domains, but how does google know that it needs to track on motobulbs.foxycart.com when I haven't told it that is one of my domains?

Secondly, in the goals, we tell google to track the page /receipt, /cart, / checkout etc.. But where are these pages? I haven't created any, so for example www.motobulbs.co.uk/receipt doesn't exist. I'm just using the foxycart default pages (with the correct GA code added to them)

Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @cmc,
    I have selected the code for multiple top level domains, but how does google know that it needs to track on motobulbs.foxycart.com when I haven't told it that is one of my domains?

Because you're adding the code to those pages - that's how FoxyCart knows.

Secondly, in the goals, we tell google to track the page /receipt, /cart, / checkout etc.. But where are these pages? I haven't created any, so for example www.motobulbs.co.uk/receipt doesn't exist. I'm just using the foxycart default pages (with the correct GA code added to them)

Those pages have code (as sourced from the wiki) that defines those pages as those 'URLs' for GA. While they may not exist on your site, the /cart, /checkout, and /receipt pages are all valid pages in the FoxyCart checkout process.
  • cmccmc Member
    Thanks. I figured as much. Just wanted to be sure as I haven't seen any funnel activity as yet.