The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Colorbox Not Working

mmcgeemmcgee Member
in Help edited July 2012
When I first tested Foxycart, the colorbox—I guess that's what it's called—worked terrific. Now, I've implemented this to my actual site build, and colorbox is no longer working. I do have professor cloud zoom in the mix now, but commented it out to see if that was the conflict, but no success. Also went back to my original test site where it had worked before, and the color box no longer is working there either. On my test site page I only have the jQuery for foxycart.

Any suggestions/tips, greatly appreciated.
Tagged:
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Can you share or whisper that url again?
  • mmcgeemmcgee Member

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do that?
    I clicked whisper, then entered the URL, and it says I must select a recipient.
  • mmcgeemmcgee Member
    Thanks Adam. I appreciate your jumping in, and the fact that this forum is incredibly responsive.

What does one do when they have several plug-ins or add-ons that run from different versions of jQuery? Only keep the most important one? In my case, foxycart functionality is the priority. But is what I've done a prudent method of troubleshooting. Try out the add-on using the latest jQuery and if it works keep it? And if it doesn't, I guess that becomes an issue or either finding an alternate compatible add-on, modifying the add-on code, or simply just doing without?

I'm guessing that any given add-on probably comes with a call to a version of jQuery that was available at the time the effect was created and subsequently has just not been updated. I have a tooltip add-on called sekFancyBox that I know inserts a call to load jQuery 1.7.something. Maybe I can modify the add-on and instruct it to insert no jQuery and see if it works with the same version being used by foxycart and cross my fingers that it works. sekFancyBox IS one plugin with some documentation about jQuery conflicts and possible work-arounds, so I need to go back and review the documentation and do a bit of trial and error.

Thanks again for the support and feedback.
  • mmcgeemmcgee Member
    Just reviewed documention for sekFancyBox for MODx and indeed, the feature of automatically loading jQuery can be turned off. So now... it's just a matter of testing to see if it will function using the same version as Foxycart.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Most jQuery plugins (the good ones) work okay with the latest versions. A good plugin will update if jQuery breaks something with a latest version. The big key is here is not to include more than one version of jQuery - just load it once and let all the plugins use it.

(In WordPress there is a queuing system to keep jQuery from being loaded more than once. Instead of loading it straight you queue it up and then any other plugins queue it too, so that when it finally get loaded, it is only loaded once.)

Glad you got it running!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mmcgee,

When it comes to the jQuery version, we generally recommend that you use the version that is included with the files listed in the Sample Code section of the administration. This is the version we have tested with that specific version of FoxyCart.