Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Version 1.0 is now available as a beta release

lukeluke FoxyCart Team
in Help edited August 2012
FoxyCart has been really busy, but most of what we're working on is currently behind the scenes. We've been figuring out our new pricing, new 1.0 version, new REST API, new shipping system, and new responsive design checkout experience to name a few current projects.

Today we're excited to pull back the curtain just a bit and announce the beta release of 1.0!

To access it, simply select 1.0 from the store version select box on your store admin settings page.

As with any of our beta releases, we're opening this up primarily for our development community to preview. You're welcome to setup a live store with it, but please do so with the understanding there may be some changes and challenges along the way. With 1.0 also comes the new pricing plans we've been talking about in our blog.

The system, from a view perspective, has been completely re-written to support Twig templates for the cart, checkout, receipt, and emails. We also added the ability to create a completely custom included cart template that can be re-used in multiple templates as needed. We support zip code based tax lookups along with a fully rebuilt location completer (we have a blog post on that coming soon).

More details can be found on the 1.0 upgrade docs: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.0/upgrading

Please post here with any bugs you find and we'll get to fixing them right away.

Thank you for creating such an awesome FoxyCart community!
Comments
  • RolfRolf Member
    Sounds good, whenever I have some free time I will dig in.
  • Awesome looking forward to jumping in...
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Update: we just updated the changelog and upgrade notes as we noticed a change to the FC.locations object hadn't been documented. We'll be updating the custom scripts soon so they will work with the new changes. Please let us know if you have any questions.
  • Hi,

Can you just clarify what you mean by "We also added the ability to create a completely custom included cart template that can be re-used in multiple templates as needed" ... a little confused about what that actually means?

Also, you mentioned that "responsive design checkout experience" is one of things that you have been working on, is any of that stuff in v1.0 as it stands?

Regards
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @babblebib. That refers to Twig: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/1.0/templates#getting_even_more_advanced_with_twig

And unfortunately, 1.0 does not include the responsive design we've been working on. Our primary focus right now is the new shipping system and the REST API. The responsive design has come along really nicely as well, but it's not our team's primary focus (yet) in order to get it launch ready.

I want it badly too. :)
  • Am I correct in that you can not use the store in Development mode to test out a site without starting to pay monthly?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    No, not at all. FoxyCart has and always will be free to use entirely until you're ready to setup a live payment gateway. We don't limit the features at all other than adding a pop up to the checkout just so someone doesn't accidentally try to buy what they think is a real product via a dev store (it's happened before).

What gave you that impression? If there's something that isn't clear, we certainly want to fix it. Being free during development is one of things we're quite proud of (as developers ourselves) so we want to make it super clear to everyone.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sorry, @eternityweb. Forgot to tag you in that last comment so you'd be notified.
  • @luke Well I guess what gave me this impression is that when I go to Settings in the Foxy Admin it says I need to select new pricing. But I chose not to during in development. Then when I add an item to cart in my test site (which works perfectly when I switch back to 0.7.2) I get the following error - "We're sorry, the store you requested could not be found or it has not yet been configured with a cart template and default product category. Please check back later."

I am sure I must just be missing something.
  • @luke I am just absent minded today and didn't see that I needed to complete part of the process of the store setup in the foxycart admin. It is now working just fine!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @eternityweb, glad you got it sorted!