Hide Coupon Code Output?

in Help edited August 2012
Hey Guys,
My apologies if this is not in the correct section of the forum. I also tried searching for something similar but was met with no results. Anyway, enough ado and onto the problem...

I'm attempting to sweeten up the UOE system a bit and make it work for our phone salesmen. They are currently used to a few freedoms that the UOE does not provide. For instance, free shipping is something that we offer over the phone quite a bit as a way to lock down a sale, but it is not available for web orders. Currently this is not an issue, as I found a little fix on this forum and created a coupon code that the salesmen can use to offer free shipping. However, when it is added to an order, it not only displays the coupon title, (ie: 'Phone Order: Free Shipping!') but also shows the actual code the guys are using to activate that. Since it outputs in this way, our customers could easily write that code down and reuse it on future orders. Hopefully our customer support staff would notice it, but this would create another whole slew of problems involving a card refund, and a placement of a new order with a corrected value. Do you fellas have a little code snippet on hand I could add to the checkout template to avoid the actual coupon code output?

Thanks a ton.

http://headroom.foxycart.com/
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Mike_B_Headroom.
    Interesting situation. Are you using FoxyCart v1.0? If so, you could adjust this using the new Twig-powered templating. If not… you could upgrade to 1.0, or roll your own emails. Depending on your current version, upgrading shouldn't be too big a deal: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/upgrading

Let us know and we can walk you through how to make this change to the customer email.
  • edited August 2012
    Hey Brett,
    Yes, we are planning on launching on v1.0 of the API, and Twig is exactly what I was looking for! Issue resolved. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Mike. Curious, where were you seeing the actual code displayed? We actually made a change in 1.0 to include the coupon code based on customer requests. In older versions, it should only show the coupon description.
  • edited August 2012
    Hi There @Luke,
    It was displaying on the cart page, in the mini cart in the checkout, and in the customer email as well. It was easy enough to remove once I got into the template system.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ah, so you were already on 1.0 then? That makes sense.
  • Actually, now that you mention it, I think I had the api version set to v0.7.2 at the time, as no templating options were available... if I recall correctly. Not 100% on that.