Inventory Solutions

wallerbmxwallerbmx Member
in Help edited August 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Foxyshop for my online BMX store - www.wallerbmx.co.uk. I started off dealing with just online sales but have recently moved into a premise and deal with customers face to face. I setup the inventory system so that I receive an alert when stock levels reach the minimum. This works fine online as when an item is sold it will be taken from the stock. But, when selling items in store for cash I'm guessing I would have to knock it from stock manually by selecting 'edit page' - am I correct in saying this?

I wondered also if there was a way to use Foxyshop to generate receipts in store for when customers paid using cash?

Any help on using Foxyshop in store would highly appreciated!

Thanks

Waller BMX
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    edited August 2012
    Hi, thanks for writing. Just to clarify, FoxyShop is an independent plugin so the FoxyCart team isn't responsible for supporting it (I am). Though they do help out if they can because they are awesome that way. You can always write me from foxy-shop.com for direct support.

To answer your questions, if your inventory program has any webhooks available, you could do a little customization and then post your item code and quantity purchased to a url and have it update the quantity within the site. If you use QuickBooks and ConsoliBYTE to manage the store and inventory this can also be synced to FoxyShop automatically.

If you just want to keep it up to date manually, you can change all the inventory amounts on the FoxyShop / Inventory page at once either by editing in a grid or exporting a CSV, making your changes, and then pasting them in.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    I can't think of a way to generate receipts in FoxyShop for cash transactions, sorry. But your POS system should be able to handle that right? If you aren't using one, it might be worthwhile getting set up with one.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Fwiw, we know of at least one or two merchants who use FoxyCart at the POS as well. They're custom setups, but apparently it works really well for them.