The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

XSD for transaction feed?

babblebibbabblebib Member
in Help edited August 2012
Hi,

Do you guys publish an XSD for the transaction data feed (v0.7.2)?

If so, where can i get hold of it?

Regards
Tagged:
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited August 2012
    That's… a good question. We have an XSD for the subscription XML for the API , but not for the datafeed.

Are you having a specific issue we might be able to help with (aside from just not having what you asked for)?
  • Hi Brett,

I am using the .net XmlSerializer class to access my XML and and XSD is required to set this up.

it is no problem, I have auto-generated one using the Visual Studio xsd.exe tool but it is a bit messy and wondered if you have a nice clean one?

Now I have done it, I may write a wiki article with the clean XSD and tips on using it in .net if i get a chance.

Just FYI, taking this approach to access the data allows you to write simple code like this
    foreach (foxydataTransactionsTransaction transaction in foxyData.transactions[0].transaction)
    {
    string firstName = transaction.customer_first_name;
    }

Thanks
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Now I have done it, I may write a wiki article with the clean XSD and tips on using it in .net if i get a chance.

Anything you could add to the wiki would be amazing!
  • Thanks - how do i actually add a new article to the integrations section? I do not seem to have an 'add new page' type button?
  • Hi folks,

I've now added a page to the wiki on how to use the XmlSerializer class in .net to easily read the transaction feed XML files. Comments appreciated

http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/csharp-reading-xmldatafeed-with-xmlserializer
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @babblebib,

That is awesome! Thanks so much for adding that to the wiki!