Make coupons combinable with only specific other coupons

cbootcboot Member
in Help edited August 2012
I know the answer is probably no, but is there any way to make coupons combinable ONLY with specific other coupons? We have one special coupon that we're using that is automatically added to the cart when a payment plan is purchased, and this is the only coupon we want to be combinable.

For example, let's say we have three coupons (A, B, C) . Coupon A is the special one that gets automatically added. We want the customer to be able to combine coupon A with coupon B, or coupon A with coupon C. However, at the same time, we want to prohibit them from combining coupon B with coupon C. Is there any way to do this?

If not, is there a way to set a maximum number of coupon codes allowed in one purchase?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Unfortunately, at this point, no. We are working on some new UI for the admin, and we have plans to add some very cool configurable logic to the coupons in the future, but for now… sorry.

You _might_ actually be able to do something hacky with javascript, probably going off of the coupon hash rather than putting the actual coupon code in the js to compare against. I'm not 100% sure it'd work, but if it's a really firm requirement, it might be possible.
    If not, is there a way to set a maximum number of coupon codes allowed in one purchase?
    You could work with the cart JSON and figure things out that way. I don't think this has come up before, but if you'd like help figuring this out let us know and @fc_adam can probably help whip something up for you.