Member Discount

skymattskymatt Member
in Help edited August 2012
Hello,

So far, I'm loving the foxycart/foxyshop combo.

I found a brief mention of applying member discounts.

Client is a winery, they have two separate wine labels. I've created a category for each of them with sub-categories for Red Wine, White Wines, etc.

Client needs discounts applied in tiers for a mix and match discount (6 bottles = 10% discount, 12 bottles = 15% discount). I successfully figured that out very quickly.

Now they would like a 20% discount to be applied to its wine club members on the entire order.

Is it possible to give specific members a specific discount?

Do you have any suggestions for using Foxycart to manage wine club subscriptions? It almost seems like I should setup two separate stores, one for members and one for non members but that would be extra work. I'm not sure what the best course of action is here, any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hey Matt, awesome! I'm glad that FoxyShop is working for you. There are two ways to go about this. You could very simply create a coupon that is distributed to members that just gives a straight 20% off the top. The other option is a little more complicated. If you were going to have members using WordPress accounts, you could then use a variation of those code: http://pastebin.com/ubrQYRAm to check to see if the user was logged in and if so, to subtract 20% from the $product before displaying to the customer.